Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why are YOU still running Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
Not to be a curmudgeon, but it's my opinion that nobody should be running Windows 2000 at this point. The only possible exception would be people that are not connecting that 2000 PC to the internet. You know - for security flaws and holes that cannot be patched any more, the inability to run IE7, etc.

So please, tell me why YOU are running 2000. Is it because you don't have to register it with Microsoft? (running a bootleg copy).

Do you just love Windows 2000?? (I did too, back in the day)

Seriously - make this like a poll with everyone just writing in their reason. Signed - Curious George

You guys - you KNOW I was being sort of sarcastic about still running 2000 at this point in time. Everyone answering with a "straight" answer, that's nice, but I was trying to get people to question why they were still doing it and then think about dumping 2000.

Apparently it's still widespread so my attempt was futile and a time waster. Long live Windows 2000............apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back