Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why am I getting error messages when I visit certain web pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazzman

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
AU
Hello,

I am not even sure if I am in the right forum..but here goes. I recently downloaded MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). A particular program which I was running apparently required it. Ever since that dreaded day I have been cursing Microsoft (all right maybe I started a bit before then..). When I visit a web page with some sort of errors on it a little dialogue box appears and states that 'there is an error on such a line etc etc.' Do you want to debug?'. In most cases I just press no and it lets you get on with your life, but on some occassions it just locks up my whole system. On one occassion I said 'Yes' to debugging and it brought up the culprit. I have since then deleted what I thought the offending program was and ANY program/file that vaguely resembled it or had any ties with it! Unfortunately the errors still appear when I visit some web pages but now I can not debug them (not that I wanted to in the first place). What is causing these errors to appear? How can I stop them from appearing??

Many thanks for your time guys!!!

From Internet Explorer, Click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Check "Disable Script Debugging".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back