Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why Access code CAN and the AC2 CANNOT dial to oversea modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spydummy

Technical User
Aug 5, 2002
SG
My system having 1 ISDN trunk with the access code 12345.
My system uses this ISDN trunk for incoming and outgoing calls.

The system also has been programmed to use NARS access code 9 in AC2, which means customer has to dial a 9 to seize a tone first before they make an outgoing local call. In the AC2 programming, it has been programmed such that when people dial 9, it will chose the ISDN trunk as an outgoing trunk.

Now, my customer is tring to use one PBX analog circuit (DID number) connect to his PC and try to dial to oversea modem. {Dialing sequence: 9-001-(Country code)-(area code)-(destination modem no.)}

But we failed to do so. Hence we use the access code instead. {Dialing sequence: 12345-001-(Country code)-(area code)-(destination modem no.)} And it went through.

And this really puzzle me and hope someone could help, thanks!

For everyone's info:

001 is the prefix given by the service provider in order to dial to oversea numbers.

When you use an access code, you bypass your set's restriction settings (NCOS Cls settings TGAR). When you dial the AC2 all of these restrictions are in place.

you just need to add the 001 to your nars as a spn pointed to a rlb for the correct route..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi Johnpole,

Actually 001 has been programmed in the nars as SPN already.
And it still could NOT use 9 to dial out and that's why it puzzle me...

Print the RLI for 001 and look it over. Maybe some type of DMI assigned or FRL level. As far as the tgar I wouldn't worry about it if you can access the trunk directly, by using acod. Check MFRL at the bottom of the RLI as well.

Hi mluckie1, thanks for the info.
for MFRL value, it has programmed with the minimum value 0. Is this the correct value?

mfrl is used for auth codes, give auth tone to ncos x and below. o is correct if you don't want to request a auth coude from the caller

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John is correct about MFRL is used with Auth Codes but even if Auth Codes aren't built it will still block the call. Check the FRL on ENTR 0 to see what FRL=NCOS go to LD 87 and print nctl table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back