Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whole domain not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

covski

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
GB
Hi,

We originally had an NT4 domain, I then put in a new AD domain on a different subnet to run along side, connected via RRAS.

The old domain can browse the new domain and all PC's, but the new domain only see's a couple of PC's on the old domain despite the fact that I have a bi-directional trust.

I've noticed the the PC's that are visible on the old network from the AD domain have IP's in the new subnet. Following on from that I tried changing one of the machines on the old network to use the DNS and WINS on the new AD domain and subnet. Still can't see it in network places though.

Any ideas???

A few thoughts here:

Do you have a DHCP on the new network?

When you point PC on old network to use DNS on new domain, did you change the IP address on the old PC?

Is your new domain still a NT4 domain?

Yeah, I have DHCP on the new network.

When I pointed the old network PC at the new DNS server I did not change the IP address. I did make sure that I can ping the DNS server fron the client.

The new domain is windows 2003 active directory.

Thanks for your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back