Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

whois..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
vesselescape

Great response dude, I mean it's the responses like yours that keep me coming back here.

bfjacobs

Thanks alot but I already went thru mats scripts, and despite vesselescape's belief I did do a google search and went thru some of them that came up, none seemed to offer what zaygo does. Zaygo has a free one, but there support doesn't seem to be that great, I installed there free cart, everything runs fine, except I can't acces the admin panel.

It won't recognize my user name and password that zaygo gave me at sign up. Somewhere between the retreavel from there submission form, and the script they use to generate the cgi for the free cart, my user name and password got boggled. Got in touch with them and the guy said he would be sending me the fix, three days ago. Free scripts I guess.........And then again the guys probably busy worried about paying customers.

Anyways I was hoping there were other options that someone has run across, But i'll keep at it, or break down and buy the paid version.

Thanks alot,
csatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Here's the link wullie have a look for your self.

I really love everything about it, it's just a domain name registration, shopping cart!

Just trying to give my customers as much as I can without actually getting into the hosting. Between print and web, my hands will be full.

Hosting will come soon I guess, just have to intergrate somone elses hosting plans into my site and sell them that way. All in good time I guess.

Anyways thanks for looking.

Oh yeh, php or perl preferably.

If your first post had included the info in the second, you might have gotten a better answer.

Try this link, it will return over 100 whois scripts both free
and shareware, written in php, perl, asp, java, etc.

You will have to evaluate them to see if they meet your needs of course.

<rant>
As to the attitude that prompted my first response, I get tired of folks looking to make a buck on the web without putting forth any effort to learn what the #### they are doing. Just ask where to buy a does it all script or app. (or better yet one for free) Set up and sell your services to some poor shlub more ignorant than you. Now I don't mean to say that you would be one of these individuals, but a posting requesting info with no indication of effort on the part of the poster to resolve the question first will probably get a similar response in the future. </rant>

Good Luck
TANSTAAFL
[noevil]

vesselescape I don't know how to respond to that post, i almost got mad and insulted, but then I thought what the hell. i have been a ass here a few times aswell in the past, comes around goes around I guess.

I would like to thank yu though, the link you sent I found a php version of whois cart. 40.00 vs the zaygo version at 149.00.

Will way the options and see if it all works out.

And I would also like to add that in my previous post I was unhappy with zaygo's return time on support. Come to find out there where on top of things and sending out support request as they should have, seems my e-mail address is so long it exceded there scripts character limit and the email was just bouncing all over the place.

Got in touch with them and they solved my issue and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back