Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whoa nelly! Here's a whopper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2006
US
This is about the strangest thing I have ever experienced and it's happening right now. I have the IP Office 412 v3.1

Basically, I can call out to some numbers (pretty much any long distance number but only certain local numbers), and if anyone dials our DID numbers directly, they get a busy signal.

BUT...and here's the weird part, if someone calls one of our 800 numbers which is pointed at one of our DID numbers, then the call goes through. Yes, that's right. I can't call the DID number directly but I can call the 800 number that sits on top of the DID number. This makes no sense at all. Any thoughts?

though i feel my above post is nearly perfect, i would say that somewhere along the way the PRI timing has gotten off and is causing your D channel to go up and down. Just a thought though.

IPO's aren't known for their stability and lack of bugs.

When all else fails... reboot.

I suspect that the number of digits they are sending and you are expecting is off. They also could be adding or stripping digits even if the number of digits they send is right. (I had the phone company sending me 4 digits on a Magix system but were inserting a 9 and a 0 in front of everything for no particular reason.)

I'm a bit rusty on my SS7. I can't remember exactly but there's something in the back of my mind that says 800 numbers can be treated differently.

As for the outgoing it could be two things. Your phone company has a database problem which I suspect is the case. Occasionally I run across carriers that can't call certain cell phone providers. Nothing you can do but call them.

Second is that you only have a long distance and intra-lata PIC and you aren't setup to make local calls at all.

Try dialing 1 and the area code for the local call; it might work.

Did these DIDs ever work? Did you just change carriers?

Of course, as Gibsonic suggests, rebooting can almost never hurt and is always easier than calling your carrier.

try making one inbound call at a time, then two. not using the pri to make the calls. i have had pri's with only one channel turned up before, and if you call out on the pri to the pri, you get a busy signal. you can get one inbound or outbound call moving in total if this happens.
i would get the telco on the phone to troubleshoot this with you, with their guys doing loopbacks, and making the test calls, so they see it themsleves. also, make sure you do not have csu on in the ipo, if they have the csu already in place before the ipo. yes, i have done that, and it really messes things up, lol.

Check the call routing. Are they routing one of them to the VM Pro Server and the other to a group.

If the routing is done on vm pro and vm pro is having issues or is not running you will have this problem

if the icr has fallback to a group, ext, etc. it will go there if vm does not answer.

Actually I just found out before I left work yesterday that Time Warner (and other carriers I guess) are having MAJOR network outage problems nationwide. Thankfully as of this morning most of the exchanges have been fixed, but not all.

Is this grounds for a class action lawsuit? :)

don't get sue happy just yet mr. crackerz. You probably don't have very strict SLA's with TW, but even if you did, the best you could hope for is a service credit on your account.

Rebooting isn't always the answer, but with CO issues, its something to do to feel like you're in control of things while the CO finally gets from denying they have a problem to fixing it at their end without telling you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back