Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who wants to test release 9.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T8keiteasy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2006
FR
MITEL is offering the opprotunity for your customer to be trial tester for 9.1 release...

The status is know recruiting.
The planned trial dates are from December 1, 2008 to
February 16, 2009.

Check on MOL how to be part of the program:

Home / Services and Support / Technical Support / External Field Trials Program

Enjoy

Now, it's about French users too !!!

I have got a spare MXe, if you give me software I can give it a try in my lab

I don't have any software. This is a MITEL programm to let some customer be trial tester;

3300 ICP Release 9.1 Features (subject to change)

* Embedded twinning
o Personal ring groups
o External hotdesking
o Group presence (login/logout)
* Call center enhancements
o ACD hot desk and normal hot desk login with password
o Global call ID enhancements
o Agent skill groups increased form 8 -16
* Management enhancements
o Opsless resiliency
o SDS admin groups
o Distribution of Teldir and RDN data
o Embedded multimode managament
o Embedded multimode managament
* Network time protocol client and daylight savings support
* SIP resiliency
* SIP DPNSS
* Chinese language support for 5312/5324

Now, it's about French users too !!!

some customers...

does it require 512MB or RAM? What is supported platform?
For some reasons cannot login to Mitel web site now.

512 MB RAM Upgrade Requirements
The following platforms already include 512MB of RAM and no action is required for these
systems to support Release 9.1.
Part
Number
Description CPU speed
(MHz)
RAM
(MB)
Supported from
Software release
50004942 LX Controller 450 512 6.0
50005080 MXe Controller 450 512 7.0
50005090 MXe II Controller 450 512 8.0
50005592 MXe Server 450 / 3.2GHz 512 8.0 UR2
The following platforms have traditionally been shipped with 256MB of RAM but can have their
RAM upgraded and hence will be able to support Release 9.1.
Part
Number
Description CPU speed
(MHz)
RAM
(MB)
Supported from
Software release
50005096 CX Controller 266 256 6.0
50005097 CXi Controller 266 256 6.0
50004641 CX Controller 266 256 6.0
50004640 CXi Controller 266 256 6.0
50005180 AX Controller 450 256 7.1
Customers who do upgrade their hardware Controller will not need to purchase any additional
core system software or software licenses. The customer’s existing Application Record can be
migrated to the new 3300 Controller.
All other platforms cannot have the system RAM upgraded and will not support Release 9.1.

So in other words, after 9.0 all "MX" variants are thereafter at the sundown point of their life cycle.

Has Mitel come up with an upgrade migration incentive program for the older platforms? (Like they did for the Vs/S/SG)? Is one in the planning stages?

You got it. All Original series controllers (133MHZ), Most LX, All MX, and anything inbetween are not going to be supported. Keep watching though, the Marketing group at Mitel is supposed to be posting a migration path. It is my hope that they will have some form of discounts for the migration.
All CX and CXi Controllers have a replacement Memory module. The AX controller too. Some LX Controllers have the proper amount of memory - you can find this by going to Maintenance and Diagnostics, System Hardware Profile, System Hardware Compute Cards. From here you can see the memory amounts.

Mark

My Mitel rep said there is no upgrade path. He says they sold a lot of the older controllers at a loss, so there is no money to work with. So just buy a new controller and move the licenses to it. If anyone hears different, I would like to know.

Also, I have a question in as to how long they will support 9.0. But I haven't heard back on that one. I will post when I do.

Got the official answer:

"For controllers which do not support memory upgrade, Mitel will continue to provide and support Update Releases/bug fixes on 3300 ICP Release 9.0 for an additional year, until February 2010. Release 9.0 requires 256 MB RAM only.

Additionally, Mitel plans to offer an incentive for customers to upgrade MX and LX controllers shipped and installed after March 1, 2005, coincident with introduction of 3300 ICP Rls 9.1. This incentive will be coupled with a requirement for purchase of an additional year of software assurance and/or applications at the time of purchase.

Customers who have purchased Software Assurance for older systems should also be aware of that, per our published bulletins and policies. Software Assurance does not include any hardware upgrades that may be required to utilize new software loads. If additional hardware is required, it will normally be available for purchase utilizing regular pricing. "

Well So far no good. Im about to call mitel but on my first attempt of loading the upgrade, it just hangs in the begining and does not go past this point. It has currently been on this screen for over 20 minutes. Ill post the solution after I get off the phone with them.

still having quite a bit of trouble. I changed out my tftp server and I keep getting backup errors on a brand new system. Im about to try the install from the console

does anyone happen to have the part number for the 512 mb upgrade for a 3300 CX controller. I currently have the 256 mb module instaled that came with the controller and am thinking of upgrading.

Part Number Description Information
50005881 512MB RAM FRU Includes: 512MB RAM module to replace the
existing 256MB module

Does anyone know if 9.1 has officially been released yet? If not any idea when?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back