Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who Tracks Changes in Excel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroppy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I have been learning about Sheet Protection and Tracking changes, Change history in a new sheet, sharing, etc etc. It is destroying useful brain cells, I am sure.

My question is, who tracks changes anyway? Is there anyone out there who tracks changes, then Accepts and Rejects changes? How important is it anyway? How would it work with people accessing spreadsheets on a network? Is this a simple or useful thing to do in a team?

Thanks,

M

Tracking changes is useful when working in a collaborative effort. One may need to know who made a change to understand why or how the workbook was modified.

If a workbook is being prepared for a regulatory proceeding or legal proceeding the lawyers want to know the history of the development of an exhibit or model producing critical answers.

You may just want to solicit colleagues for their ideas and have the ability to accept or reject the changes

Hope this answers your question.

David

Thanks David.

And, I discovered another manual which actually has a really good example of sharing and collaborating.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back