Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who set your Business Objects Enteprise portal up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCSOBOXI

Technical User
May 6, 2008
US
Who set BOXIE portal up? Was it a team, one person, a BO consultant? And who maintains it at this point? (Installation, configuration, creating of Business Views and/or Universes, reports created off of Business Views and/or Universes).

Using:
Business Objects Enterprise Release 2 SP2
SQL Server 2000 Data Mart
IIS
.NET framework installed
Crystal Reports XI R2
Active Directory authentication
Windows Server 2003 virtual machine
Service Pack 2
Intel 3 GHz
1.02 GB RAM
15 G hard drive

Thank you!

Hi
installed and maintained by a single devloper. small BOEXI R2 just upgraded from CE9. InfoView,Single sign on using windowsAD security, .net and ms sql server back end. approx 200 published reports most developed by myself. reports use Sql stored procedures, also mine.

regards

Thank you so much for your information.

I'll take as much as I can get regarding this question from anyone to help me figure out if being the only one working on this project is insane!

I guess I'm not the only one :)

Thank you again.

How many users and how many reports? Are the reports already developed in Crystal Reports, or will you need to develop them from scratch?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

We have a fairly large BO XI installation (250 users, 1,100+ reports) that is getting bigger as additional departments come on-line with it. I did all of the installs, with some help from a consultant with our original setup in our development environment two years ago.

I maintain the system as a whole and provide tech support to the various groups as they are starting to work with the system. I also do report design, universe design, and programming for the group that started using BO XI first - so the admin functions are not a full time job for me (at least not most of the time!)

What I've done is set up an Admin ID for each of the groups and they do all of their own report publication and security setup - within some standards that I've set. This way I have buy-in from the various groups and they feel like they have control over what they're doing.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

dgillz,

Starting there will be around 60 users, moving up to around 2,500 this year, and then later down the line up to around 6,000. This is a massive project. There are reports that are developed in Crystal and I will need to develop some from scratch. I know Crystal very well so that's not a problem it's the Business Views and Universes I need to continue to teach myself and learn. I will have to interview departments before they are implemented to find out what they are going to want.

The main purpose of this BOXIE deployment is for users to be able to create ad hoc reports from a data mart and other databases.

Thank you!

hilfy,

Thank you for your post also. It's good to see you have a good amount of users and reports that are being added on. It is nice you had help from a consultant but sounds like you did most of the work which is good for me to know, since it's just me.

I like your advice about the Admin ID for the groups to administer themself, it's like giving control, but not all of the control, interesting.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back