Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who made my Ebuyer drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casperthedog

Instructor
Jan 29, 2002
NZ
I recently bought an ebuyer harddrive. Apparently it is remanufactured (thats what they say on the ebuyer website-UK).

Does anyone know if ebuyer rely on one source for their drives they remanufacture OR can anyone tell me who made my drive?

Here are the details I know:
Serial: MDT-WLA9UB421844
Firmware revision: 22.04A22
Model: MDT MD300BB-00CCB0

I would think they would get there drives from whoever is the cheapest at the time and definately not be brand specific.
You can normally work out the make by looking at the screen on boot (look for Primary Master) or go into the setup (bios) and it should give you the make and model on the first screen,
(usually press the delete or F1 key on boot to enter setup)
Usual makes are: Seagate, Maxtor,
Western Digital (WD), Fujitsu, Samsung, IBM
Martin Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

Thanks paparazi.
I got the details I outlined in the first post by looking at the bios (F10 setup - it's a Compaq) and apart from those details there was no mention of a brand or maker. I was hoping someone could decipher the model name etc. I've tried searching for various parts of the model name/number on Google but came up with nothing.

MDT is merely and OEM drive manufacturer. No telling who it was going to(although it looks as though comcrap bought these to rebadge). Do a yahoo search for MDT and you can track down the designations from there.

I got the same drive in August drive faulty sent it back with a RMA have seen nothing of it tryed to ring ebuyer
on hold for 30 mins

I bought a new motherboard, case, ram etc to upgrade my machine but kept this troublesome drive. Well the drive still didn't work so I got an RMA and have sent it back to Ebuyer. They have returned it to the manufacturer and informed me it could take up to 28 days.

It has been 20 days so far. Still till early to pass judgement. But I agree, the telephone service is shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back