Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who Has Admin/Supervisor or Access Control Rights? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA5AWP

MIS
May 7, 2002
US
Hello All,

We have a rat here and I've been tasked to find him/her! I've run NLIST to find Admin Equivalent users in the tree, but I'm stumped on how to find users that have the Supervisor and/or Access Control bit turned on explicitly on a volume or directory. We've got 1250 users, so it would take a good while to look at the rights of all of them one at a time. Any thoughts?

Rat Killer

Can you find something in common like a file maybe?

You could go into the f: drive and right click on a few files and look at the netware rights to see who has admin rights. Can could speed things up.

You could also go into Netware Administrator and check the various inherited rights.

Thanks,

But that will take a while here with 49 servers in 26 cities. Is there a tool within NWAdmin that I'm overlooking or a 3rd party tool to do this a bit more cleanly.

Have a star my friend, good posting (might be worthy of a FAQ)! -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I tried to use the NLIST commands as written in the TID,logged in as ADMIN, but I kept getting bad command and filename. I'm on Novell 5.1. switched to DOS prompt on my pc. running win 98.
thanks

Make sure that you are initiating the NLIST commands from the SYS:\LOGIN Directory!!!

Good Luck!

Hi,
Yes I am on the sys:\login directory. this is exactly what I typed:

NLIST User SHOW "Require a Password"; and I get bad command or file name. I bet it's something simple. I also did a search of the directory and nothing Nlist*.* exits

NLIST has always been under SYS:pUBLIC so far as I am aware. Never heard of it being in the LOGIN directory.

Try switching to SYS:pUBLIC and running your NLIST command from there. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

NLIST.EXE is located in two places on the NetWare server...

SYS:\PUBLIC and SYS:\LOGIN\NLS\ENGLISH

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back