Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who decide in which CLAN has to registry an extension when they send the registration request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Manuel Rodriguez

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2016
ES
Hello

My name is Jose Manuel, and I have a strange question

Recently we had a problem that one CLAN was registring too many extensions in our Avaya Release 4.

I searched what was the process that distributes the registration requests between the CLANs but I didn't find anything.

Do you know how is the process to registry an extension?, who decide in which CLAN has to registry an extension when they send the registration request?.

Thank you very much.

From Page 70

but in essence ... taken from avaya support

This algorithm tracks the number of sockets being used per TN799x circuit pack and registers IP endpoints to the TN799x with the least used number of sockets. In this algorithm, 'least used' refers to the TN799x circuit pack with the lowest number of sockets being used regardless of the circuit pack’s total capacity. Load balancing occurs between CLANs within a network region. So, ideally all the IP Phones should get registered to the CLANs within their own network regions with this concept. This stands true for the IP Phones which are newly installed.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

I read the manual that you told me, it was for Aura. I searched the same concept in the Avaya Definity manual and it was the same.

Thank you very much, and excuse me if it was a very basic question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back