Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who accesses which sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loonygirl

Technical User
Jun 9, 2004
GB
Is it possible to view which sites individual users are accessing?

I'm using an MS ISA server which uses the groups setup in AD on a different server. I'd like to know user by user, who is accessing what sites, and at what time.

As far as I can see, at the moment I can only see the Top 25 sites which are accessed, and how many times these have been acccessed - I do not have a break down of who has accessed what.

Thanks,

Sarah

In ISA Management expand your server, expand Monitoring Configuration and select Logs. Right click on "ISA Server Web Proxy Service" and select properties. Specify where to log to, either file or database and enable the service.

If you log to file you will be able to import the daily logs into a database (such as Access) and construct reports from that.

If you log to a database you will have to construct the table(s) for your logs, create your ODBC connection and set the service appropriately. SQLServer and Access work well. If you use a non-MS database such as Postgres ISA won't recognize it. However, you can use Access as a "middle man". Create an Access database and link to the tables in the non-MS database and log to the Access database.

Depending on usage these logs will be BIG. Particularly the Packet Filter and Web logs. If you log directly to an Access database you will quickly hit the size limitations. Come up with a scheme to purge your data regularly.

"The Key, The Whole Key, and Nothing But The Key, So Help Me Codd!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back