Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whitelisting Application & Livelink

Status
Not open for further replies.

jncflrr

Technical User
Oct 29, 2007
US
Hi,

Is anyone out there required to run a whitelisting application on their Livelink servers??? If so, can you tell me what you have encountered (obstacle/solution). Happens to be mandated in this environment and while the application (Bit9) isn't in active scan (not how it works)we believe it is not working well with Livelink (go figure)... Thoughts.....

what do you mean by a whitelisting application.If that is a virus scanner then you are looking for trouble if you scan and admin server and its processes and index paths.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

Looking at Bit9's site ( looks like it just trawls through servers, PCs etc and checks to ensure that each program on the machine is on the approved list, I guess some action can be taken if not as well.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

no- not a virus scanner. I know all too well the issues caused with those. I have been brought into companies and fixed long standing issues with virus scanners,etc running on servers...This is different. Software takes a initial scan of the server and "everything" on it whitelists it and then goes into passive mode where it does nothing unless new "code" is added... Problem being that I am not that familiar with the Bit9 application and I believe at times when livelink generates and uses javascript and DHTML on the fly that it sets bit9 into block mode and causes issues (server hangs)but I just cant prove it... just wondering if anyone out there is using a "whitelisting" application on a server with Livleink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back