Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

White border around photoshop object when imported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexsus

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
NO
In photoshop I have a picture where I want to cut out a object, lets say a car. I cut out the car and have now the checker background (two layers). I save as pdf file and go to illustrator. Here I import (place) the pdf file in the document and I now have my car without the background. But when I print there is a white transparent background around the car.
It must be poosible to print without this white transparent frame around the car, but how?

Not if you make the photoshop file into a PDF. To retain the background transparency, you need to create a clipping path between the object and background - the BG doesn't even need to be actually deleted. Then save the file as a TIF to place into Illustrator. There may be other methods that work, but this is the one I use when i need to have a transparent BG for an object I place into a layout program.

thanks Eggles
after a few try and fail I finaly gat it right
I saved as eps with tiff prewiev...and opened it in illustrator. it looks like shit (terrible preview on the objects in illustrator), but it prints out well!

nexsus

Guess what! Illustrator will except native Photoshop files, and they print just fine. So what does this mean, try placing a native Photoshop file with a transparent background and "layers" into Illustrator and see what you'll get! Lets say that car is on a transparent layer and you want to place it onto a back ground in Illustrator that you have created, import it and see what happens, this is with out a CLIPPING PATH, oh my god. Check out that preview! Print and see what you'll get.

that where what I first tried, but I did not write that in my first forum....I wrote PDF and not PSD

Well, it looks nice in illustrator when I place a PSD file into the layout, but it prints out not so good. there is a weak transparent box around the PSD object when printed and I have seen this on other computers as well. if I put a PSD file in illustrator over another jpg/tiff file I have no problems. The problem is when a PDS file lay over objects created in Illustrator. it looks good on the screen, but when I print the boxes apperaes. do I have to flatten the file before I print (have not tried, but will asap). Nexsus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back