Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

White background with no shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidoran

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
I need help. I am working on developing some 3d objects for use in another program but I need to display my objects on a white background with no shadow. I can't do it. I've tried everything I can think of and the closest I can get is a midrange gray background.

I've turned the atmosphere off and set all the color settings to white. I can get white with a shadow, and if I turn off the sun, I can get no shadow, but then my white goes to gray.

I've seen meshes for other items that are displayed on white with no shadow so, unless they touched up their screen print (which I guess they could have and I could too, but I don't want to unless I have to) then it can be done, right?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I currently do not have Bryce installed (had to re-format)....But, if you turn off the sun and atmosphere, use a light source and in the light lab, tell it not to cast shadows, that may work. Sorry, but not able to test it out. Hope it works for you.

Maybe a stupid answer, so don't shoot me for it, but I'm curious if you turned off the shadows in the Sky lab?

Hi!

Take a look to the "Postproduction section" of Bryce manual... it could help you. =)

have you tried to select your objects and render them as mask? this way you could put whatever backgroud you want (for example, white) in Photoshop or other. (see manual for the how-to on compositing.

(just an alternative solution for your problem, though, as other people gave you other solutions too)

Hope it will help you.
Have fun with Bryce and good luck for your project!
Jean-Luc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back