Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whisper Page Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwddozier

ISP
Mar 23, 2002
US
We have a G3csiV6, Software Version: G3V6i.03.0.223 and now have it setup to Service Observe agents during their call. I have seen in the documentation about a feature called Whisper page. Is there a way to set our system up to 'whisper page' one of the agents to 'coach' them through a call without the end user hearing the coach? If so, is there a cookbook setup on how to accomplish this? Thanks!

I don't think that Whisper Paging is going to help you accomplish what you want to do. From the Definity Administrator's Guide: "Whisper paging allows one user to interrupt or "barge in" on another user's call and make an announcement." There is also a tone that all three callers hear whenever a whisper tone is made, and its an announcement only - the individual making the page cannot hear anything that the called party might say in response.

Good luck in finding your solution!

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

In newer systems you have two kinds of service observing:

Listen only and listen/talk.

I think the last one is what you need but I'm not crazy about this feature.

How do you know when your agent needs help?
Does your agent know what to say when the customer and the supervisor both talk at the same time?

I tested a simular solution before and didn't like it at all.

Why don't you use the assist feature?

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

We are using whisper page on our system for quite some time and it does come in handy when a agent needs a little help in a call. Whisper page does not require a zip tone and can be removed for calls . Also the person that you whisper to can reply to you without having the original caller hear anything (Whisper answer back).
Happy Whispering

Thanks for your replies! Could you tell me more about the assist feature? I'll scope out the docs for 'assist'. The deal is - we have this feature rich phone system and don't know how to implement the features. Any assistance appreciated. Thanks.

Assist feature allows a agent to press a button on the phone it then puts the existing caller on hold and calls the designated ext for the hunt group (supervisior)page 2 of the hunt group form.I use a little different method (signal) this way you dont put the caller on hold but you a autoable alert to your supervisior that you require assistance
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back