Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whisper Page Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahimpm2003

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2013
Hi ,

I tried to setup Whisper page with a short code **N# but whenever I try I am getting a msg "Rejected". I have removed check box from "cannot be intruded" and selected "Can Intrude"
Can anyone help me how to set this up properly.

Details

Avaya IP Office 500 V2 Release 8.0 (44).
Phones : 1608 & 1616.

In your user that you have setup to be able to whisper page, do you have a monitor group setup, with that other member in it? I believe that needs to be setup for whisper page, as it needs to be on for things like call listen, coashing, intruding, etc.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Hi Austin,

Thank you for replying , I haven't setup Monitor group for this purpose. I will try this and let you know.

Fahim Musthafa

Hi Austin,

I after setting up the monitor group it worked, thanks Austin.

Regards,
Fahim Musthafa

Where do you create a monitor group? I can't find where.

94astro,
a monitor group is just like any other hunt group. make a group with an extension number, turn off things like queueing/voicemail, and put that group into the "monitor group" of the user that will be doing the listening/coaching/intrusion. It's under telephony/supervisor.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Thanks, I'm trying it in batch mode, created a hunt group with members, turned off VM and queueing like you said. Then went to my user that should be able to listen, but when I drop down the monitor group tab in Telephony/Supervisor I don't have any options and I can't type in my hunt group extension. I'll try with my live system tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back