Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whisper announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjc

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
GB
Hello All,
We have a Definity G3 version 8 of the software (from what I can tell from Display Capacity page). The ACD we have want a whisper announcement that a call is coming through along with the standard beep they hear in their headsets. Is this functionality possible and if so how does one set it up ?

TIA
Simon.

Check out the discription on VDN of Origin announcement in the Definity Guide to Call Centers manual (555-203-503). You can get an electronic copy of the document on Avaya's web page at
If you do not have vectoring, I am not sure that you can do it. On the Definity G2 there was a City of Origin announcement that performed a whisper announcement but I am not sure if that exists on the G3. I have seen it mentioned in a G3 manual but I have not been able to find out how to administer it. Unfortunatly I don't have access to a G3 switch to try to figure it out.

Leo V. Brown

Without vectoring... better said I even think without Adavanced vectoring you won't be able to administer VDN of Origin, and that is the only way to get any kind of announcements you want...

M.

Many thanks for your replies. We do have vectoring and I'm using it quite a lot for the ACD as you can imagine. I've never heard of Advanced Vectoring or VDN Of Origin. Is this something I can buy as an extra and hook into my current G3 ? What else can advanced vectoring do over standard vectoring ?

At least I have a starting point to try and work out if it's possible.
Thanks, Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back