Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

while callers are waiting in an Acd Queue is it popssible...? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serge9

Technical User
Mar 3, 2002
CA
Phone system: Meridian 1 61C
Voice messaging: Meridian mail 12

equipped with ACD, music on hold and intralia

While callers is on hold or while waiting in an ACD queue
Is it possible to give them the option to press a number to leave a message? and how to do it

Example: please stay on line to keep your calling priority or press 2 to leave us a message…

Thank you very much

Hello.. There is no way I Know to do this with a Basic ACD system it may be possable with Symposium or MAX or 3rd party equipment
anyone else have any idea's

Colin

What kind of voicemail system to you have. there is ways to get around to it. or if you have symposium?

Thanks Colin, I thought So
Thanks Stefanog65, we have Meridian Mail 13 voice Mail system
serge9

With basic acd - you can overflow to voice mail and give them the option to leave meassage or wait in que. The problem is if they chose to wait in que they will go to the back of the que. You could send them to another que with a higher priority with one set loging in in not ready. This que would have overflow to the original que and the calls would be ahead of the orignial que.

You need ACD c2 package in the pbx. This allows you to use the timed over flow package or over flow by number of calls. You can only overflow to another acd que.

Thanks Reusser, I will try your solution next week and let you know what happens as I got some urgent projects to work on right now
Thanks again

Thanks Reusser, I did tried your solution last week (20 feb) and it worked like a charm

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back