Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which version best for xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstech

Technical User
Jul 5, 2003
US
Will upgrade from WP8 - have been reading the horror stories on the various versions. Which is the best version to upgrade to? 9? 10? 11? is there a newer one also than 11? I have Win XP Pro on a Thinkpad.

Merci!

sstech

Version 9 was not originally written to deal with some things for Windows XP. Corel sent me a completely new version 9 to help attempt to solve some problems I was having.

Depending on what you are doing, probably any of them will work reasonably well. I have experienced some problems with graphic-heavy documents in both 9 and 10. I also get a "virtual memory too low" or something like that message when my screen saver comes on with WordPerfect loaded. However, both versions work satisfactorily for most of what I do (and I still prefer them to that "other" product).

BlackburnKL

I've fewer problems with WP9 running in WIN XP because of the way it deals with Graphics. WP10 and WP11 have problems and Corel has told me they were fixing them. I'm holding my breath, I bought WP10 and WP11 and they work but because of the graphics handling that is unique to them, I can't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back