Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Tutorials are Best??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robherc

Programmer
Apr 20, 1999
US
I'm REALLY new to Perl programming and I'm looking for a good, beggining tutorial, I did some 'net searching & found about 200 of them! Does anyone have a personal fav. that you think would help me out? I would GREATLY appreciate some help narrowing this down!

Programming Perl" by Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen and Randal Schwartz ISBN 1-56592-149-6 published by O'Reilly<br>
<br>
Excellent book<br>
<br>
<br>
Mike

I prefer to use FREE resources whenever possible. (just a note, might help narrow-down the options)

Every installation of Perl comes with over 1000 pages of documentation. If you want free info that's the best you'll get.

Gargan-<br>
But I don't HAVE that info.....I'm getting my PERL pages hosted on SOMEONE ELSE'S server; is there any way I could acces this info from a diff. source?

Thank You very much Gargan....bookmarking that site!

Once you have learned Perl, get the Perl IN A NUTSHELL by O'Reilly. It is great reference book.

I came across an excellent tuotrial on Perl<br>
<br>
Robert's Perl Tutorial Version 4.1.1 <br>
<br>
The last hack was made on: 20th April 1999<br>
so Henry can concentrate <br>
THIS DOCUMENT IS COPYRIGHTED.<br>
Reproduction in whole or part is prohibited. Please email me at <A HREF="mailto:robert@netcat.co.uk">robert@netcat.co.uk</A> &lt;mailto:<A HREF="mailto:robert@netcat.co.uk">robert@netcat.co.uk</A>&gt; if you want to use this information anywhere. <br>
The location of this document is<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back