Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which T/S...Work With MICROS/Oracle Branded RDC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTSChris

Vendor
Mar 26, 2016
US
OK; sorry for the dupe posts. But no one is going to look at those others anymore...and I really need to try and get an answer on this.

I have a client...has RDCs with CE 6.0; and we've tried CE 5.0 Pro.

Seems like CE 6.0 has embedded drivers, for ELO and StarTech; and 5.0 Pro has ELO (Touch), MicroTouch...and something called TSharc.

What monitors, will work with this thing...other than the ELOs, that have always been the "kit" from MICROS??

I have a customer, that bought Planar PCT2235s...and we've tried EVERYTHING; to get them working.

i tried multiple screens and i couldnt get any other brand of screens to work on the DC. i went back to the ELO screens. Note i also tested an Elo Touch screen 1729L Apr (accustive pulse recongnition) and this one did not work neither,

In my experience, I've only been able to utilize touchscreens that utilize the "AccuTouch 5-wire resistive" technology. Whether or not that exists beyond ELO remains a question though, because we've always just stuck with ELO from 3rd parties. The other models that ELO offers with other touchscreen types (Acoustic Pulse & IntelliTouch) haven't worked out of the box on the standard RDC image for us - we get "KDS Display Driver Not Recognized"

On a side note - purple star to anyone who has figured out how to drop KDS display drivers for these other types onto the RDC for plug-and-play capability! [bigglasses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back