Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjbuechler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
Okay, chances are this question is going to open up a can of worms but I need some help.

My office has an old phone system...
M8x24-DS (NT5B20)
M12x0
M0x16
and a startalk NT8B70DB-93 software ver. 2.0.3A

Since this system only has two voicemail ports and we can't transfer to outside lines and a couple other things we'd like to do they want me to see how much it would cost to move up a step or two.

What would be the most inexpensive system that would have at least the same number of lines, more voice mail ports perhaps, and say...allow us to have calls routed to a user's cell phone?

Any help would be appreciated

I think the easiest way is to upgrade to a MICS with a copper exp card. You should be able to reuse the exp modules you already have. I think you have to have atleast 4.1 software to off premis transfer, but double check me on that. buy a CP 100 and you should be able to get a great price on a small bundle like that. Feel free to email if you would like.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

Use your existing phones.
Buy refurbished MICS.(0x32) Refurbished Call pilot 100. I can get you pricing. Refurbed equipment has the same warranty as new and is half the price.

Thanks for the information. Looks like they went the route of getting an entire new IP based system so this is a moot point now.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back