Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which system would you recommend? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB5ITT

Vendor
Oct 8, 2013
US
For customers wanting to update their phone systems, which would the brain trust recommend? ESi is small to large but has some limitations...I personally like the BCMs but is Avaya still supporting them and releasing new software? IP Office is a nice small box...but have little experience on it (though I understand programming is pretty standard Avaya)...

Looking for phone systems for small to medium offices..Being able to do CO, PRI and maybe BRI though they are going away, IP and/or SIP trunking would be nice....and maybe IP remote phones as well..through traditional digital ones would be nice. I wish I could somehow reuse the old Rolmphones I have in storage as they are clean and user friendly..using a RP400 vs a ESi 48key phone, I like the look of the RP better...however, the 9200s I have in storage, while reliable but a PITA to program, are too large these days and also dont support CLID except via a PRI and that must come from a Class 4 tandem CO, not a Class 5 (DMS, 5ESS, etc) exchange CO....unless someone know HOW to do it....personally I think I could take a IAD/router and go from IP to ISDN PRI and feed the boxes but the IAD/router may cost more than its worth it and I dont know the difference in the PRI stream from Class 4 to 5...

Digium and Shoretel look nice (though the Shoretel looks an awful like a Nortel series!)...I have read some on the Digium since its Asterik and it looks like it can handle anything.

(BTW what is this new service from ATT called IPFlex? I hadn't heard of it until recently and was wondering is that their version of Verizon's FIOS, etc...though UVerse was going to be their next big thing....)

TIA
Chris

look at the Mitel 3300....[glasses]

Always look out for the next guy because it may be you!

I did look at the Mitel 3300.... Now I am working with AVAYA CM & IP Office, I really did not like the Mitel, noisy, slow, lack of features, to much depending on button programming, a idiot web interface driving me crazy, but that was some years ago, maybe they evolved to something nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back