Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which System Would You Choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCardMan

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2002
US

If you were to recommend a system for 10 stations, 6 Hunting POTS Lines, Voice Mail, Auto Attendant, what would you recommend. Looking for a system that can be simply installed and left alone. Reliability is very important.

My first thought is Partner ACS, but wanted to get opinions on other easy and reliable current installs. A system where you can install it and never have to go back to if necessary. No IP solutions.

Thx.

Nortel is the way to go!

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Partner ACS, I prefer R6, and that is the system to beat since I see them out there working away just great from decades ago. Since I beleive it is the most widely implemented system in the world, new, used, refurbed, parts are readily available.

It is rock solid, and also any port can be used for a system phone, or an analog phone, or a system phone with an analog phone hangning off the aux port of the system phone. This includes an analog cordless phone of the bring it in from home variety. This alone as an applicable feature wipes most other systems out of the game, if you have a use for it, like being able to walk away from your desk and answer calls?

Before you get the <INSERT BRAND NAME HERE> system, what do you use now and do you like it?

You mention Partner, so I'd guess than an ACS 6.0 is pretty stable and if you're familiar with it and/or have parts for it, then that's the brand I'd go with.

Any properly installed system of the 6x16 size is going to be an install and forget about it system. I'd lean toward a system that has a little bit of overhead and one that is tried and true. That tends to mean the top 4 brands, but not exclusively. Again, this is a common system, so something you can drop in a new cabinet or add a phone would be adequate.

The top 4 brands for key systems? In Alphabetical order Avaya, NEC, Nortel, Panasonic. Of those, I'd look carefully at the NEC DSX before I plunked down my money, but the other 3 pretty much a Partner, MICS, or TA/TDA ought to be fine. I'm not bashing the DSX, but there's not enough history for my forgetaboutit rating.

LkEErie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back