Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which system to install or what options

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgindyguy

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
We have about 10 users in a remote location using Ip Agent software in telecommute mode and they continually have issues where the software shuts down and they must relogin. The remote users are using a Nortel switch, of which we do not support. Our task was fairly simple, it had to be inexpensive, allow them to use our CentreVu CMS, and route calls through our G3r v11. Of course we all no it wasnt that simple. The only option we could think of that we could justify was the IP agent and using Telecommute mode. Now they are complaining almost everyday about the lost connections. Our question is does Avaya have anything that we can put in place that will alleviate this problem? Installing and EPN is obviously out of the question, however we do have plans to upgrade to and S8700 soon so that should open a lot of options. Also, I installed IP Agent on my PC, which is local to the phone system (LAN versus WAN), and I did notice the software did lose connections on my PC. We have two CLANS in our switch, one for the CMS, and the other for everything else (audix, cdr, etc). Any ideas on what we need to check?

The first thing i wouldt check is to ask the question on the wright site, this is the ip-office forum.
I like to help you but i,m not very deep in the s8700.

Greets Peter

I agree try the definity forum, but you might also think about IP hardphones...

Try a forced ACW of 3 seconds. This gives the PBX time to hang up the calls.

You might want to see if the people being dropped are haning the phone up the same way. We had some issues there.

When they lose connection, are they losing connection to your network, or is it just the IP Agent that shuts down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back