Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Small Office System 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2002
US
I've got to setup a small, remote office and was really looking for something that was quick and easy to setup for my Techs. I realy would like something that can be completely administered via a web browser. I like the looks/features of some of the VoIP server based systems, but having no exposure to these systems, I would like some feed back. Please provide a link to the product you like, if you can. I must have a cost for this by Friday.

The office will have the following:
4 POTS lines with auto-rollover from Telco.
8 Phones needed
Voice mail with night time attendant required

Thanks for any input,
CBF

Sounds to me like you want Cisco Call Manager Express. You may already have the system in place to run it also. Here is a link to it.

It runs on a number of different Cisco routers with the most recent code. You can have your voice mail, call control and all incoming lines on 1 router. It does have a web interface (pretty basic, but it sounds like a basic install).

Here is a link to the Q&A for the Unity Express (the voice mail system on the router).

Here is a list of supported routers

If you already have a supported router at the facility, then it is really a matter of getting the licenses, the voice mail and a few phones. Setup is not exactly intuitive if you are not familiar with Cisco CLI and Cisco Callmanager, but you would be surprised what reading the manual and a few posts here can do for you.

It is what it is!!

Thanks for the posts. ComputerHighwayGuy has some really good information and if I had some decent network equipment, I would like to go with his suggestions. Capitol31, that is the coolest thing I've ever seen, a complete PBX in a box the size of a router. I'm going to give these guys a call as I think it would be the best choice given my current cituation.
Thanks Again,
CBF '87

I use BOScom BOSaNova family gateways. they provide a scalable solution, easy to manage and easy to implement. you can simply connect the box to an extension, dial its number and recieve a dial tone from the local PBX. then you can simply dial as if you were there. it uses your old analog phone devices - no phones need to be replaced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back