Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which one is better: PHP, Perl or JSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlegirl

Programmer
May 28, 2000
HK
Hi all,<br>I'm going to develop an application with IPlanet as the web server and Oracle8i as the db server, both on solaris platform. I've not yet decided which lang to be used for implementation. I'm new to the 3 langauages. Could anyone please give me advice on which one to use based on their compatability, performance and learning curve on the above platform? Thanks!

mod_perl as well, as far as I know... but the point is, JSP is not the resource hog people often make it to be, not for return hits... <p>Liam Morley<br><A HREF="mailto:"></A><br>&quot;light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>light the world, and bring depth to the silence.&quot;

I started perl a little over a year ago.. i still use flatfile db (basically: lack of funds) i'd always used one server (ISS) and NEVER had any problems, apart from not being able touse libraries (lazy admins).
Perl, as far as i'm concerned will always be my favorite language. When i started over a year ago, i tried ASP, PHP and Perl.. i got to grips with perl a lot faster than the other two, dispite the extra built in functions that PHP offerd.
I think as far as the newbie programmer is concerned, Perl rips the butt off of anything else, because of its easy of use, and similarity to most other languages (for eaxample, if else while and for structure)

Ona completley unrealted topic, why has ths topic been brough abck into light after so long?
Cheers!
Sib
Siberdude
siberdude@settlers.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back