Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which is the BEST ADVANCED JavaScritp there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion. I am about to finish a beginner's book and want to jump into ADVANCED concepts right away. Also, what is the latest version of JavaScript, I am wondering why most books don't tell you what JavaScript it is teaching you.

js dummy-

I think the reason that most books dont specify a version is because they are just teaching the general javascript. meaning they are teaching the javascript that will work on all js enabled browsers. remember, very few objects and methods in javascript are js version specific. however, dont get that mixed up with that many of the methods and objects are browser version specific. Robert Carpenter
questions? comments? thanks? email me!
eclipse_web@hotmail.com
online.dll

AIM & MSN: robacarp

yea, i think it doesn't really matter, what version are you learning..
first of all, you have to learn how to learn.. know what i mean?

then you'd use any language w/o BIG troubles/problems Victor

JavaScript Dummy,

Don't jump into a book -- jump into a project. All most books are really teching is a programming language's syntax (the other books are reference manuals for advanced features -- I suggest SAMS Pure Javascript for a good reference type book).

Programs themselves are entirely different beasts. Just pick a reasonably complex project -- say creating an Explorer-type menu tree to act as a site map -- and try to write it. That will teach you far more about programming than any advanced javascript book ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back