Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thadeus

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
Hello all,
I have a poser for you...

Is it Instructor Lead Training or Instructor Led Training?

I believe it is the latter, but the former makes such a showing on the interwebs, that I was unsure whether this is a cultural gotcha like colour/color.

Thanks,
Thadeus

Hi,
Unless the training is for instructors learning about Lead ( the metal), it is, I believe, Instructor Led Training, that is, a training session led by an Instructor ( who could be a Lead Instructor, like a Lead Worker, but I digress...)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Led is the past tense of the verb Lead (pronounced leed)

The training was Instructor Led.
The training will be Instructor Lead.

[Cheers]

Hi,
It is the past and past participle of lead ( leed) ...
The course in the future wil still be 'Instructor led' as far as I can tell, since ( in CorBlimeyLimey's example) the training is what 'will be' - the course is still led by an Instructor - 'instructor led', in this case, being an adjectival phrase modifying the noun 'course' .

But, If CorBlimeyLimey is English, as it appears, maybe it is different over there - after all, Shaw said that England and America are two countries separated by a common language.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Yes, "irregardless" of which side of which pond, if a human is in charge of a class, it is "instructor-led training".

However, when an instructor falls behind in her/his lesson plan, they must learn to get the lead out and lead on in their instructor-led training. <grin>

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Over 'yer it's still 'led'. 'Onest Guv.

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Led Zeppelin" - text of the report by the aircraft that preceded a German airship in flight.

"Lead Zeppelin" - depending on the pronounciation, either the first Zeppelin, or a Zeppelin so heavy that it would never get off the ground.

-- Francis
I'd like to change the world, but I can't find the source code.

That's "deef" Leopard! Ha!

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

'Deef' is actually West-of-Scotland for deaf as I think upside-down Scott may be able to verify. As in 'are you deef?' when you mishear someone.

I want to be good, is that not enough?

And in areas of London that is "Are you Mutton?"

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

I recall explaining to my third grade teacher that she had misspelled "led", and it was supposed to be "lead". She of course showed me the error of my ways by having me look it up in the dictionary.

Whether "instructor-led" is in future or past tense, it's still "led". Passive voice is implied, as in "led by an instructor", and therefore, so is the past participle, which is "led".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back