Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Compiler???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rephlex

Technical User
Aug 15, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am learning C at the moment and currently I use TurboC (Dos), I was wondering what other compilers were available, the benefits/limitations of each and what you all would recomend

Cheers
Rephlex

you can use gcc wchich is available under Linux/Unix and Windows. Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

filipski@excite.com

For gcc, u might have to install the cygwin tools (which includes GCC).

Sriks

There is an programming environment I love and the price is excelent: 0$ (It's shareware so they won't say no if you pay the registration)
The name:
Dev Bloodshed C++
This environment is an easy, userfriendly environment that actually uses the GNU GCC compiler and the GNB debugger which were recomended to you and are excelent but by themselves a bit painfull in the behind to use .
With this tool you can write simple C programs but later will also help to create applications with C++.
You can download it (8MB but worth every second online) at or at I'm not assosiated with these people, I'm just a very happy user! :)

i'm with alarcon and sirbu.

I got Dev-C++ and LCCWIN32 compilers installed , and I use both. More often LccWin32.
I used to develop SMTP servers POP servers. UDP apps. DLL's
bluenote@uyuyuy.com
(excuse my english)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back