Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which call Vector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMcDermott

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
As you may have noticed, I'm a new administrator of a system that's been in place for quite a while, but poorly (being very generous here) documented.

Here's the scoop:

The system has 17 vectors built, however, only 2 are really utilized (these are the only ones that I've had to adjust/alter). I've got the settings for Time-of-Day down, and deal with them as needed, and all's well.

That being said, at the end of the day when the vectors switch over to forward incoming calls to voicemail etc, the attendant console still rings - even though the NIGHT and POS BUSY LED's are both lit/active.

My understanding is that because I only have 1 attendant console, the NIGHT button and POS BUSY button have no effect... so they don't even need to be activated.

The question is, how do I figure out which vector is pointing callers to the main attendant?

Is the best way to account for after-hours calls to find out which vector is associated with the console, or to re-assign the console to one of the 2 existing vectors?

Soory for the rambling, hope it all makes sense.

Kevin

You could try checking what vectors route to 0 .This command will do take care of that for you (list usage digit-string 0)
Good luck
Yimmer

Yimmer...

thanks for the info.

That command yields:

Vector 1 - Step 13
Vector 17 - Step 11

Which leads me to believe that if a call that ends up in vector 1 makes it through step 12, then step 13 rings the atttendant, and similarly for vector 17.

But I still don't get how to edit the Time-of-Day settings for the attendant (calls that come to the main office number, or calls that opt-out of the automated attendant)?

Kevin

Check your LDN form. This controls where dial zero calls end up going at night. The night key just controls incoming calls from outside the switch. You may need to fill in the night destination there.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back