Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which book is the best for Access/VB? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Access2000

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2000
CA
I feel like a Immediate Programmer. I am trying to look some books about Microsoft Access/VB as well as I need to understand about the concept. List of books are: 1) Micrsoft Access97/VB Step By Step, 2) Microsoft Access 97 Step By Step, 3) Quick Course in Microsoft Access 97, 4) Microsoft Access 97, 5) Jeffrey McManus's Database Access W/ VB6.0, and 6) Database Access with VB with CD-ROM. Which of those book is the best? Please advise. Thanks for your help.

I too have been searching for a good book to learn Access programming. However, I have found that many books that talk about "learning" Access simply refer to using the database, not programming VBA. I can't say I've seen any of the books you've listed, so I can't advise you there. However, I find the best way to determine if a book is useful is to flip through it and see if there are clear, concise instructions that are simple to follow. Sorry I couldn't help more!

I'm not familiar with those titles, but mostly they sound like beginner material. I've found a lot of useful tips about VBA and related Developer subjects in the Alison Balter's book (Mastering). I also got a lot out of the Mastering CDs too.

Try the following books: Beginning Access 97 VBA Programming by Robert Smith and David Sussman, WROX publishers. This is, as the name implies, for someone who knows Access but is new at VBA. VBA Developers Handbook, this by Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert, Sybex Publications. This book is for intermediate to advanced VBA programming.

If you know a little bit about VB programming, try "Access 97 Power Programming" By F. Scott Barker. This book is very practical.

If you are really new to access/vb try Access programming for dummies by krumm!! i have access 97 developers handbook and vba developers handbook and both are good but for a quick start i got the most out of and dummies book (and this forum). Access 97 platinum by jennings is good too...has a wealth of info on access in general and some basic programming information/explanation chapters in the back, plus cd...

Try Access 97 Unleashed by Dwayne Gifford and Stephen Forte.<br>
Published by Sams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back