Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHICH BETTER FOR XP WINDOWS - WP10 OR 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkicom

Technical User
May 23, 2003
US
I am running WP 8 in Windows XP Pro and my WP is tanking. I was told there was no fix that XP does not like WP8. I want to upgrade WP to 10 or 11, any input would be appreciated.

I am using WP 10 with XP Professional. If you use it, be sure to use Service Pack 3 followed by Hot Patch 4. I had multiple application hangs daily without it. I did not like using WP9 with XP Pro at all.

I have not started with WP 11 yet, but expect to do so within a few days. I have never been pleased with compatibility of the Corel products. And, I also feel that they need more than 1 service pack to be really useful. I struggled with version 9 for a long time before SP3 came out. Then that service pack was actually a reinstall of the whole program! And it was about 200 mb larger than the original installation file!

Defintely WP 11.

Have installed WP11 on XP PRO (service pack 1) So far it works like a dream. We have lots of macros and templates sitting on a samba (linux) server and everything is great. I upgraded from WP 8 (SVC 7) and all my problems seem to have disappeared so far. Have not tested integration with Corel Central,QPW, BDE and Paradox yet as we are mainly WP users.

As an aside I can now import WORD DOCs without problems - so far.

I have been using WP9 for a year with WinXP without problems. But becuase I didn't have a licensed copy and couldn't buy one I bought WP10 and last month bought WP11.

I gave up using WP10 because it will not print to my Xerox Printer and is extremely slow paging through my documents with Photos inserted as a link. The photos display OK if I use the Insert Image option, but the document file size is extremely large. A file goes from 53kb to 200mb when the images are inserted rather than linked.

Corel tried to help and said the service pack fixed the bug, but it didn't. I purchased WP11 last month and still the same problems. I have gotten the tech support person to acknowledge the problems, but no help yet. I'm requesting that they send me a licensed version of WP9 with the latest service pack that is only available on CDROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back