Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which Agent for VSE8.0 and ePO3.0.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2003
US
Thread says it all. Agent v3.1.1 will not auto update. with VSE8.01 on a couple of test PCs. How to allow them to auto update?

mcAfee is recommending using 3.5.0.412 with 8.0 even if you're using ePO 3.0.

This is the way to set up the agent autoupgrade. I have epo 3.0.1 and VS8.0i as you and it works fine for me.

Regards

1 On the General tab in the ePolicy Orchestrator Agent | Configuration policy
page, deselect Inherit.
2 To enable agent AutoUpgrade, select Enable Agent Upgrade from 2.x Agent to
3.0 Agent.
To disable agent AutoUpgrade, deselect Enable Agent Upgrade from 2.x Agent
to 3.0 Agent.
3 Click Apply All to save the current entries.

Should be in your repository from when you performed the upgrade. From tasks check the settings tab under deployment to see that 3.5 is an available upgrade.

I would like to use VSE 8.01 with ePO 3.01. We will not roll with ePO 3.5 until begining of next year...Where can I find agent 3.5 without installing ePO3.5?

Check the download site from McAfee using your grant number. It should be there under Mcafee Common Management Agent v3.5

Ok got it and DL'd into ePO 3.01 able to send new agent out however, on my test PC that has VSE8.0i, in reporting they show as unprotected. But if I look at them within the tree they show 3.5 installed. Under "Policies" view they show CMA 3.1.1.111 ??????

There's a CMA update available to allow VS8.0i to work with ePO 3.0x. Download this and add to the repository, then distribute. This should fix this.

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back