Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where's the Database of Event IDs? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainNetworks

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
This is probably more of a rant, rather than a question.

I've got this client with a workstation that's been giving some problems. So what do you do? You check the event viewer. Now we all know that not all errors are really erros, and not all warnings are worth warning about. A standard case of too much information.

But what do you do with these obscure event ID errors that all searches turn up "not found"?

My latest example is this "Srv" error. Something about some non-paged pool crying about something. I don't have the actual event in front of me. But basically, it's Srv Event ID 2017. Tecnet had 2015 and other 201x errors that related to the same error, but not this specific ID.

Isn't there some database somewhere that catalogues these events? Somebody has to sit there and write them, and procedures to call them based on certain conditions. Where is this magical "phone book" of event log messages?

They did charge at one time but they are a very good resource

CCNA MCP NET+ A+

This site rocks! Yes, I paid the $15 for the year. Not only do I get the event ids and their descriptions, but I can see who else shares the same pain I've had with the various obscure and vague error descriptions. I've already been helped with a stupid DHCPServer event error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back