Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where's my field list

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyow

Technical User
Nov 26, 2004
US
I am a newbie to Access. I have just designed a customer table and am trying to design the form. I have designed the looks of my form and am ready to place the fields in the form. However, when I try to use the field list to place the fields on the form, (in design view), the field list is grayed out. What am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

You probably do not have a recordsource assigned to the form, so there are no fields to grab. Click on upper left corner of the form, and bring up the properties. Is there any information in the Record Source property?

When I click on the upper left of this form, it shows a menue to minimize, maximize and close the form. What are you talking about when you say record source? How can I assign a recordsource to this form?

dyow . . .

The [blue]little square box[/blue] just to the left of the ruler.

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

When in design view, shortcut key Alt+Enter or F4, or you could right click somewhere in the form, then select properties. Ensure the form is what is selected, then you'll find the recordsource property on the data tab.

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back