Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where's everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguelleeuwe

Programmer
Oct 17, 2007
NL
hi,

this great site has a single problem.

Where is everybody? The only person here to answer any questions seems to be Mr. Matt Balent, whom I'm very gratefull to... but:

Should this be some sort of comunity of people helping people?

Maybe it's has been outdated?
Where to go then?

Kind regards,

Miguel

regards,
Miguel L.

Thanks Matt,

I'll check out the yahoo site then.

regards,
Miguel L.

(a) it does seem like this forum isn't as busy as the forums were when I last frequented tek-tips (2006, I can't believe it was that long ago!!)
(b) Matt gave me a quick reply the other day - he's a real gem!

I stop by a few times a week. However, for the most part, the questions being asked anymore are way out of my wheelhouse and often issues with newer versions than we're running at work.

Quick update. They Sybase newsgroup is being shut down after December 1. Things will shift to the SAP SCN site after that time. I'm sure they will still provide read only access to the old stuff.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

thanks for the info Matt. I'm checking out the yahoo group you've mentioned, there's activity there, though I'll still be checking tek-tips.
I like the tek-tips format better.

regards,
Miguel L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back