Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where would I go to commission custom art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadpool42

Programmer
May 24, 2004
I need some art for my site, but I've never been very good at the artistic side of things. I've found a couple places that will let you order art for a price, but nothing really good so far. Any suggestions?

this is where you need to barter -- someone who is good at illustrations and what not for you to make a website for them.

try local graphic design colleges -- post some flyers advertising what you want and what you offer.

deadpool42,

I know some ppl that do very good artwork for pretty cheap. If you'd like, you can use the Contact Us link at the top of this page and request Tek-Tips management to give me your email address and I could pass it on. Or, if you feel so inclined, you could post it right here in the forum, but I don't recommend it cause it's not always the safest thing to do.

-kaht

banghead.gif

support the community... and then click on the top bar "Elance Online"

Basically you post your needs a bunch of designers/developers will answer and you pick the one that has the best price/quality ratio. Most of them have an online portfolio that can tell you the kind of work they do.

grtfercho çB^]\..
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" A. Einstein
-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for the help. elance.com looks interesting.

It might be worth going to and looking at the more talented artsist there, many will be amenable to doing a commission for a small fee. Be aware there are many talentless individuals there but also there are some very very talented youngsters.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back