Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to start programming in Access? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott3

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
CA
Hi,
I would like to quickly learn the basics of writing an application in Access. I already know my way around Access but it ahas been way too long since I wrote a front end in Access.

Any suggestions of where I could find some info or quick tutorials/examples to get me up to speed. Iam open to all suggestions.

CES

Read these posts and look at the FAQ. There is some great code in them. Copy and paste and see what the code does. You could also check Google for ACCESS sample code. That is a good source too. Learn by looking at wha others are doing.

Rollie

It would great if I had a short tutorial on building an Access application with some of the basic things you might want to do. Once I have the basics its a lot easier to continue, rather that start in the middle.

Any ideas?

WROX publishes a good book on ACCESS programming.

R

If it's walkthroughs you need try:
Microsoft Access 2000 Bible
by Cary N. Prague & Michael R. Irwin

For more hard-core development technique:
Access 2000 Developer's Handbook
by Paul Litwin, Ken Getz, Mike Gilbert

Thats great, thanks! I'll check em out. Once I've created a very basic application it will be all down hill. That's the way I find it when learning any new language.

CES

Also, let the wizards do the easy tasks then look at the help files to find out how they work and battle out the harder bits later. Its how I got started.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back