Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to specify the proxy address in Exchange 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

indsa

Technical User
Mar 28, 2002
US
Hi,
I am new to the Exchange World.
I want to connect the exchange 2k box through proxy in lan, instead of using a dial-up.
And if i use the dial-up connection, where to mention it (as we do in Exchange 5.5 in IMS).
As far as i know Exchange 2k will auto detect the dialup or lease line connection, but not sure.
Any sort of info or help is highly appriciated.

HI

NOP I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IF YOU WANT TO DO IT TROUGH THE PROXY SERVER I PRESUME MSPROXY 2.O I DONT KNOW BUT I DO KNOW THAT CAN DO WITH EXCHANGE 5.5. THERS AN ARTICAL DESCRIBING HOW TO MAKE YOUR PROXY TO LISTEN FOR YOUR SMTP MAIL. I WIIL POST IT FOR YOU HEAR OK.

AT THE SAME TIME IF YOU WANT YOUR E2K DO DIAL OUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT RRAS. BY ADDING A ON DEMAND DIAL INTERFACE. BUT THE BEST WAY IS TO DO IT WITH PROXY ITS SAFER.

NOW I AM USING E2K WITH ISA SERVER AND ITS MUCH EASER TO DO BECOUSE THERS A WIZARD FOR IT

PUPA ARAUJO
ANGOLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back