Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to set message server limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Mar 26, 2001
US
I sent out an message with about over 2MB attachment just for testing purpose. Then the system administrator undeliverable message told me that the message exceeded server limit of 3145728. The storage limit under Information Store Properties is currently not set on anything. And message size is set on "No limit". Don't know where this server limit number comes from. I am pretty new with Exchange. Would very much aprreciate if someone can send some advice.

Well, first question would be is the undeliverable message actually coming from your server or the recipient?

Because unless I missed something, the individual message limits are set per user. Not globally. Information Store limits would generate a different message, and if the message limits on your individual account aren't set, then it has to be the receiving server. What version Exchange you running by the way? Jason Wilder
IT/CAD Manager

Thanks for the reply.

We are running Exch 5.5. Message size on individual account is set on No Limit. I first thought about if the undeliverable message was coming from the recipient's server too. But in the bottom of the undeliverable message is: MSEXCH:IMS:eek:ur site name:eek:ur server name ...3901054 bytes exceeds server limit of 3145728. So, I would assume it is from our end. Any idea???

The limit could be set on your Internet Mail Service if you are trying to send the message off site. Check to see if it is set under your Site, Connectors Object. You can give the IMS a limit as to what size messages it will process.

I have the same problem. I have no limit in IMS and no limit on individual mailbox. Do you find something???

I have a similiar problem. I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4. I have no limits on recipients, MTA, IMS or information store. My information store is well below the 16GB limit. I keep getting the message.

"26495160 bytes exceeds server limit of 20480000"

I've checked all my server settings and there is no 20MB limit anywhere.

Anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back