Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to keep Macro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mid181

Programmer
Aug 8, 2003
US
Hi

I have published a cube in upfront which has a macro being called on the 'Drill Through' where should the macro be kept in the root directory ..or where ??..
Also i've set the cube property - Drill Through ->PowerPlay cube->Enabled - still i am unable to see the drill through icon enabled when i am viewing the cube .. is it because i have not specified any cubes in the drill through but have called a macro instead ?
The Drill through with the macro works fine when i am viewing the stand alone cube ...
Can anybody tell where i am i supposed to keep the macro when i publish the cube in upfront?

TIA
mid181

You can't run the macro from the web, only the client.

flex

flex

no version of cognos supports this ..?
or any round about way .. to get this done?

TIA
mid181

If you can use javascript to replicate the macro, then you could always assign a custom button in ppwbcustom.js and activate it in PPES admin.
lex

drlex
how do i go about with the javascript option..
any sample code for this..........

tia
mid181

I would think you could keep it on the server where Upfront is installed so when it tries to find it, it goes there? Just a guess.

CP [cook]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back