Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where to get syntax reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater267

Programmer
Apr 6, 2005
Hey,

I'm new to DTS and learning about how alot of operations involved VBScript (ActiveX). I'm familiar w/ VBScript, however, not w/ certain of these objects related to DTS....

DTSGlobalVariables.Parent
oPkg.Tasks("DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_1").CustomTask

just for example..... where can i find a good reference for the methods of these objects and even.. what are the standard objects used for DTS programming in VBScript?

Thanks

SQL/DTS documentation Books Online (BOL) that comes with Enterprise Manager, and is also online at microsoft.com

Cheers

[blue]Backup system is as good as the latest recovery[/blue]

how do i get to the 'BOL'?

I have enterprise manager.. but, can't find it anywhere.

thanks in advance

Beefeater267,

Books Online can be found within Query Analyzer. From EM, Select Tools, SQL Query Analyzer. Once Query Analyzer is open, Select "Help", "Transact-SQL Help". You are now in Books Online.

You can also get to this directly from Windows - Programs - Microsoft SQL Server - Books Online

Search for "Using ActiveX Scripts in DTS" There are some really good DTS specific ActiveX script samples in this section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back