Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find bpstart_notify & bpend_notify for AIX??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRJoe

MIS
Feb 27, 2004
US
We have a new netbackup 6.5 server and a new AIX server that we are trying to schedule backups on however I cannot find the bpstart_notify or bpend_notify scripts to edit them?? We have the correct agent installed on the AIX server and i can't find them under /usr/oepnv/netbackup/bin/

On the Netbackup server under c:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\goodies\ there are bpstart&bpend_notify.bat files. Do these just need to be converted for Unix or am I just not looking in the right place?

and before you ask, there is no goodies directory in /usr/oepnv/netbackup/bin/ on the client AIX server.

Do the media server components need to be installed?

copy them over from your server

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

The master server is a windows 2003 server and the bpstart_notify.bat scripts are in cmdshell. The client server we want to backup from is AIX 5.3. Is it as simple as removing the @REM's in the .bat and replacing them with #?

Yea thanks for that advice graveslu but we work with what we are given. Speaking of which we got the proper bpstart and bpend from our Symantec rep and all is well.

and the crowd roared!!!!

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back