Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to download 3.1(65)? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cached

Technical User
May 18, 2007
US
I'm planning an upgrade from 3.1(56) to 3.2(61) (on a 406v1 system)

From what I understand in the technical bulletins, I must first upgrade to 3.1(65), then to 3.2(x). Correct?

Assuming this is right, it doesn't look like Avaya offers the 3.1(x) software for download any longer. Any thoughts on where I can get this?

Avaya D/L site:

I can FTP it to you somewhere. let me know where. Or i may be able to just zip the bin and email it to you. what system is it for??

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Hi Kevin -

Thanks for the reply. It's for an IP Office 406v1.

I can setup an FTP share at DriveHQ.com, but I need an e-mail address to share/offer the folder. Can you provide?

Also - any idea why this is no longer offered at the Avaya website?

I could really do with this CD also. I can get access to a ftp server. If anyone could help, please email me: richard.elsmore at gmail dot com

Many thanks in advance.

I would just use the 3_1_99 bin files from the 3.2 CD to upgrade.

I'm currently on version 3.0(59). I've noticed the 3.2 admin cd has the BIN files for 3.0(999) & 3.1(999). My question is can I use these loader files to go from 3.0(59) to 3.2 or do I need to try and obtain the 3.1.65 admin cd (no longer available on the Avaya website)?

If you are using DS then you can use the .999 builds on the 3.2 Admin CD to upgrade.

Yes all the handsets are Digital we also have an analogue module also.

Thanks for help on this one.

Yes you can use the .999's and go up to 3.2.x. you can not go to 4.0/4.1 because it si a 406V1.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

My implementation uses all digital handsets with the exception of one softphone and one 4621sw.

Does this mean I can't use the .999 build to upgrade?

Read the techbulletin that belongs to the software
In there you will read how to upgrade the system you are using

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

If intermediate software upgrades are needed (ie. .999 and similar) they are provided on the CD of the build you are upgradign to.

It was the technical bulletins (89 & 71) that led me to post in the first place. TB 71 indicates that 3.1(65) is required to begin the upgrade. It doesn't reference 3.1(999).

Can anyone confirm what caveats must be considered if using 3.1(999) as the interim upgrade?

For a 406v2 you need to do this but you do not have

To upgrade a 406v2 to 3.2 you must upgrade to an interim 3.1(999) build.
Follow these steps: In Manager select File | Change Working Directory.
Under the Directories Tab click the browse button next to Binary Directories
(.bin files). Expand the Manager folder, and then expand the 406v2 folder.
Highlight the v3_1_999 folder and click ok. The following will now appear in
your binary directory window.
C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\IP406v2\V3_1_999
Click ok. Proceed with upgrade by going to File | Advanced | Upgrade. This
will start the UpgradeWiz application

You have a 406v1 then read this

A similar issue exists for IP Office 406v1 running old versions of the loader (Branch 2
Loader 0.1) found with PCS level 03 and earlier, very few of these exist. To upgrade
to 3.2 these variants should also have their loader upgraded to IP Office version
3.0(999). The procedure need only ever by completed once for a given IP406v1.
Once the upgrade to 3.0(999) has completed the IP Office can be upgraded to 3.1.65
prior to upgrading to 3.2 as normal.

I have a 406v1 - the last line of your post is exactly my issue:

"Once the upgrade to 3.0(999) has completed the IP Office can be upgraded to 3.1.65 prior to upgrading to 3.2 as normal."

My original question... where can I get 3.1.65?

All you need in the 3.165 bin file, whats your email, I can send it to you.

You can send to: IP-Office-3-1-65@InstituteOnline.com

The 3.0.999 does the same as upgrading to 3.1.65 !
But if you have that binfile then you could use the 3.1.65
It is all about the feeling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back