Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to configure ORACLE_HOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have installed Apache 1.3.14 and PHP 4.0.4 on my Win98 platform. And then I have installed and configured Personal Oracle 7. I have set the TNSNAME. But I got error when executing the following code.

<?php
$conn = Ora_Logon(&quot;user123@ORA7&quot;, &quot;abcdefg&quot;);
print $conn;
?>

And the error is:

Warning: Oracle: Connection Failed: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\dante\oracle.php on line 6

The username, password and TNSNAME is correct since I have tested them by connecting Oracle thru SQL *Plus. The error message shown above states that PHP cannot recognise the TNSNAME. And I have searched for the PHP Manual. I found that I may need to add the following line

-with-oracle =ORACLE_HOME DIR

to a file. The problem is, I do not I should add this line to which file...

Could anyone give me a hand? I would appreciate any comment and advice.

Million Thanks.

dantetang@hkem.com
Dante

i beleive the --with-oracle=oracle_home dir switch needs to be invoked when you compile php from source. oracle_home dir will be the path to where your oracle directory is.

ie: it can't be added after you install php on your system. you will need to obtain a source version of php for windows, and compile it with the appropriate switches. Andres Jugnarain
Wireless Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back