Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to buy AutoCAD R14

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhafer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2001
US
My company uses a modified version of AutoCAD R14. We need more copies! The only other option is to purchase 2002-2005 (which we've done in the past) just to backward license our R14 copies. I would rather just find a place to purchase these from! If anyone knows where I can find this software to buy, or if you have a copy yourself you'd be willing to sell, please contact me at bhafer@pinnacle-telecom.com.

Thanks!
Ben

Just remember, software is not a product. It is a license that you are buying, Autodesk does not allow others to sell (transfer) old versions of the software license without their permission. Our reseller said that you can buy the new version of the software and continue to use the old as long as you have a legal license for each version that you own.

Yes, I am well aware of Autodesk's policy. That's why I can't buy this on eBay or something. It's also why we've purchased a number of 2005 licenses at $2700 each! Ouch! (We can't use the Light version in case you're wondering). I need more copies now, and $20,000 is not really an option. Especially if I can find someone who still has old versions they can sell or transfer with Autodesk's blessing. That's why I ask.

Hello bhafer, I have a question. Why continue to support a seven year old piece of software? I know it's customized, but have you looked into what it would take to update the customization to 2005? It's gonna be tough finding R14 auth's - you may just need to bite the bullet and look for ways to replace or migrate just the customization part.

Good Luck,

Scott

Unfortunately we have no choice. SBC modified R14 for their own purposes and did not keep up with the versions since. We didn't customize it, they did. Kind of puts us in a bind, I know.

We can get 2002-2005 (We already have a subscription for a half dozen licenses) but they're so expensive I was just hoping there might be some different alternatives out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back