Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where is Visual C++ download (CCE) version (free) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazerface

Programmer
May 30, 2001
US
Does anyone know a link to where i can get the free Visual C++ by Microsoft?

VB has the Control Creation edition (CCE) which doesn't compile but has most of the features.

I am pretty sure that Visual C++ also has a free version that does not compile but comes with most basic features (something like the complimentary edition) Any ideas???

If you can find a link it would be helpful!!!!!

A Visual C++ edition that doesn't compile? I've never heard of that or can think of why you would want it. Remember this isn't like VB. VB you can run your app w/o compiling it. If you don't compile your app in VC++ your just going to be starring at the code.

bitwise

Maybe it exists some C/C++ interpretators, but no one I know use such things. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

thanks bitwise & john fill, i'm only 12 yrs old, in seventh grade, but i'm learning.

If you purchase a Visual C++ Starter Kit by Sams publishing or Andre LaMothe's "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus" you will get a copy of Visual C++ Standard/Intro -- just two sources off the top of my head. These versions do compile and the book/package won't cost more than $35-50. You can probably get something dirt cheap off of ebay. I used the Visual C++ 4 Starter Kit to compile my homework while in college and was very pleased with it. I later decided to purchase Visual Studio 6 Ent but I would definately recommend getting a copy of VC++ Standard. Rob Marriott
rob@career-connections.net

What a coincedence! I'm twelve too!!! :-D

I would suggest to download the Borland C++ compiler. It is free, but it doesn't have a IDE, but who the heck cares. If you have a text editor, it should be file.
Check out and go to the downloads section.

HtH Welcome to the Pythian Games!
Long live Godess Athena!
dArktEmplAr of Delphi Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back